This great resource for children aged 5 – 12 years blends songs, drama, comedy
“Award winning author Phil Cummings and renowned composer/songwriter Glyn Lehmann launch their new musical Arlie Abbstock and the Incredible Cape.
Written for performers aged 5-12 years, this work is full of songs, drama, comedy, action and even a rap. This work celebrates difference and explores themes of resilience, perseverance, resourcefulness, artistic endeavour, empathy, acceptance and recycling!
The story revolves around Arlie Abbstock who lives in a small medieval village. The other children like to play with swords and battle axes but Arlie likes to stitch and weave and sew. When the king is captured by a dragon, and the bumbling knights fail to rescue him… Arlie has a plan of his own.”
Available Now at: www.songlibrary.net/Arlie-Abbstock
Arlie Abbstock and the Incredible Cape
…a magical, medieval musical script and lyrics by Phil Cummings
Arlie isn’t like the other children; while they play with swords and battle axes, he likes to stitch and weave and sew. When the dragon kidnaps the king, the knights attempt his rescue but return blackened and defeated.
Who will save the king now?
With help from the princess, Arlie puts his plan into action by doing what he does best. Teased by the other children and scorned by the knights, Arlie surprises them all; proving that friendship and a little self-belief go a long way.
Drama, comedy, songs, rap and much more!
For performers aged 5-12 years.
Duration: approximately 40 minutes
- 19 speaking parts and chorus opportunities in which many children can participate.
- Easy, flexible costuming options with opportunities for recycling.
- Staging suggestions for do-it-yourself stage design and props.
- Parts included for beginner recorder and ukulele players.
- As well as the obvious benefits of being involved in a school production there are a number of themes that may be expanded upon in the classroom. We have provided suggestions in the accompanying materials.
We hope you enjoy teaching, learning and exploring our new musical.
Phil and Glyn
Sounds like fun!